AGV usually release Valentino Rossi’s special Mugello and Misano helmets in their premium ranges as limited editions, but AGV also have a great habit of eventually making these designs available in their affordable everyday helmet ranges. And this is what is happening here – this is Valentino Rossi’s 2014 helmet design that he wore for the Misano MotoGP.
The design became known as ‘Give Us A Hand’ or ‘Misano Helps You’ and it was intended as a tribute to Misano, the fans, and all of Rossi’s friends and family that support and help him.
The design was created by getting the hand-prints from all the key people in Rossi’s life – his mechanics, his close friends, his family etc…and it even featured the paw-prints of his pet cat and pet Bulldogs on the rear.
The final effect is surprisingly striking and the sky-blue base that was used for the helmet is a colour that you don’t usually see on Valentino’s helmets.
Video of Valentino Rossi revealing his 2014 Misano helmet:
Official Description of the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi Imola helmet:
The AGV K3 SV is an exciting addition to the street/road collection of AGV helmets. This is a helmet to suit many riders: from the first time biker who wants a quality lid from day one, through to the more mature biker who is interested in balancing safety and performance on a budget. At such a sensible price, the AGV K3 SV really is an impressive lid.
The K-3 SV was developed from the experience AGV gained during the design process of the Pista GP and Corsa helmets. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. This helmet has a wide appeal and is suitable for young riders with a passion for racing as well as for more mature riders looking for comfort and high performance characteristics.
Thanks to CFD Analysis (Computational fluid dynamics), the special ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head through two front and side vents, one central vent and two extractors at the back of the helmet.
The sanitized Dry-Comfort internal components can be removed for washing. The mechanism for opening and closing the visor has three customisable settings according to helmet use (Touring, Race and City) and features the XQRS system for quick removal.
The K-3 SV has been designed to accept the new AGV integrated communication platform.
- 2 sizes of HIR-TH shell (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin)
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes; shell and EPS dimensions optimised using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system
- Homologation: ECE 2205, DOT, JIS, NBR, AS/NZS
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) visor mechanism for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Visor mechanism with PVS system (Perimetrical Visor Seal) for improved seal and protection against draughts and noise thanks to the seat for the visor edge
- GT 2 scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays
- Integrated removable Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant visor with tool-free replacement system
- Removable breath deflector
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Fully removable and washable 3D inner liners
- Sanitised Dry-Comfort fabrics
- Micrometrically adjustable strap retention system
- Anti-theft ring on strap
- Sizes XS- S- MS- ML – L- XL – XXL
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at Revzilla.com (US based with worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Misano 2014 helmet at eBay.com|