AGV are putting out some cool looking Valentino Rossi replicas at the the moment that are going to be big hits with fans, first they announced that Vale’s ‘Sweet Home Misano‘ helmet (Misano 2016) was being made available in the AGV Pista GP R range, and now the incredible looking ‘Mugiallo’ helmet (from the 2016 Mugello MotoGP) is being released as a Limited Edition in the AGV Corsa R range.
This helmet design was revealed at the 2016 Mugello MotoGP and it was intended as the ultimate tribute to Mugello and the fans. Designed by Aldo Drudi the helmet was an eyecatching bright yellow with bold black text that ran around the helmet that said ‘Mugiallo‘. The Italian word for ‘yellow’ is ‘giallo’ and Rossi was basically making a play on words with Mugello to say that ‘Mugello is Yellow’ as a tribute to the circuit where he gains so much support from the fans who are dubbed the “Popolo Giallo” (the Yellow Crowd).
The helmet also features the circuit layout on the top of the helmet, with the colours of the Italian flag on either side of the chin of the helmet. The rear of the helmet features a yellow ’46’ and the usual cartoon featuring Valentino’s two Bulldogs and cat.
This is one of Rossi’s most eyecatching helmets, and that is saying something given his history of one-off helmet designs.
It is being made available in the new AGV Corsa R range, which is basically one rung down from the Pista GP R in AGV’s helmet range. It takes many of the features that you get on the Pista GP R but adds more flexibility and customisation options in order to make it a more forgiving helmet making it suitable for road use, as well as track use. Don’t get us wrong, this is a track helmet at heart, but the Corsa R comes complete with features like adjustable air vents (the Pista GP R just has open vents that need to be sealed with a plug) making it a helmet that can hold its own on the track as well as your daily commute.
Description of the Valentino Rossi AGV Corsa R ‘Mugiallo’ helmet:
Offering most of the same features as the top-of-the-line Pista GP R but in a carbon-fiberglass shell and adjustable vents, the Corsa R is designed for uncompromising performance on the track. A new interior construction provides a stable, pressure-free fit, and the patented, reversible crown pad features two distinct fabrics, allowing riders to select between warm and cool sides depending on conditions or personal preference. A removable nose guard and wind deflector are both included, and the Integrated Ventilation System (IVS) places intake ports at areas of maximum airflow.
360 degree video of the Valentino’s Mugiallo helmet:
- Shell in CAAF (Carbon-Aramidic-Fiberglass) engineered in 4 sizes with 5-densities EPS structure developed in 4 sizes.
- Shell shape is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to minimize the risk of impact energies being channeled to the collar bone. Rear shape is engineered to minimize interference with racing suits structures in racing position.
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell which direct air to the rider’s head. The unique central upper air intake has been strategically placed to capture maximum air flow in highest air pressure point. All the air vents are adjustable.
- New internal chin channels distribute the air flow evenly thru the entire visor surface.
- The wind tunnel tested spoiler maximizes aerodynamic performance and stability during high speed riding. The spoiler is engineered to detach from the helmet in case of an accident, therefore maintaining helmet’s round shape for increased safety.
- New Corsa R interiors construction is engineered to allow a stable, embracing and pressure free fit and to maximize dynamic comfort. Removable nose guard and wind protector.
- Patented reversible crown pad features a double face use that allows rider to select the preferred feel and climate: Warmer Side: with Shalimar fabric for a soft and gentle touch. Cooler Side: with Ritmo fabric for a fluid and fresh fit
- The inner of the helmet is designed to offer the highest riding comfort. All parts are easily removable and washable.
- Neck roll: Shalimar and Nabuk fabric with water resistant treatment, preventing water to be channeled inside the helmet.
- Cheek pads: Ritmo fabric with Sanitized® (antibacterial protection), 2Dry (moisture wicking) and Microsense (premium skin comfort and wearing fluidity) treatments.
- Crown pad: Shalimar (warmer side) and Ritmo (cooler side) with the same treatments listed for check pads.
- New Patented cheek pads safety release system engineered to remove conveniently cheek pads in case of accident.
- New Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view (190°).
- Visor is anti-scratch and ready for track use tear-off. A tear-off kit is included in the box.
- Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident: visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eyes protection in the case of an accident.
- Unique Metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement for total sealing between visor and shell. Rapid visor release system requiring no tools and allowing the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds. Mechanism is designed to minimize area, therefore supporting peripheral view and impact performance.
- Double D retention system
Check the Revzilla.com review below of the AGV Corsa R helmet:
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi AGV Corsa R Mugiallo helmet:
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Corsa R Mugiallo helmet at Demon-Tweeks.co.uk (UK based, ship globally)|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Corsa R Mugiallo helmet at Motoin.de (German based, ship globally)|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Corsa R Mugiallo helmet at|