Excellent, AGV are finally releasing Valentino Rossi’s 2016 Soleluna helmet as a replica in their new AGV Pista GP R range. This AGV’s premium model and it is a race-spec helmet, it is basically the same product that Valentino Rossi is racing in each time he hits the track in MotoGP.
This is the beautiful Soleluna design that Valentino Rossi first revealed at the start of the 2016 MotoGP season, and it has become his primary MotoGP helmet design.
Like previous versions of Rossi’s long-running Soleluna design the helmet features a sun radiating back from the front of the helmet that intersects with a crescent moon at the rear, however this 2016 version of the design is most most abstract interpretation of Rossi’s Sun and Moon motif that we have ever seen.
This is a colourful design, full of geometrical shapes with splashes of bright pink and green. It’s a beautiful looking design and will be hugely popular with fans.
The AGV Pista GP R has also had an upgrade – this is AGVs updated version of the Pista GP and it has had modifications and features that have come straight off the race-track with feedback from riders like Valentino Rossi, Andrea Iannone, Jack Miller and many more.
Description: Valentino Rossi Soleluna 2016 AGV Pista GP R:
The AGV Pista GP R Rossi Soleluna in the very latest design as used in the 2016 MotoGP championship. New for 2017 the GPR has been co-designed by Valentino Rossi and debuted at the San Marino MotoGP round, this radical new sports model is engineered at precision levels to allow the rider maximum concentration and comfort.
The ultimate track helmet is now even better, with an included hydration system, MotoGP developed metal air vents and a wind-tunnel tested “Biplano” spoiler that has multiple wings to maximize aerodynamic performance and add stability at high-speed. The 100% 3K Carbon Fiber shell’s shape is designed to minimize interference with the racing suit, while the interior has an adaptable fit and places no stitching in sensitive areas.
Technical features include an exclusive Hydration System with a drinks valve located inside the chin space, patented ergonomic air vent channels, a premium comfort interior, and a large spoiler to direct and enhance airstream. The optically correct Race 3 Max Vision Pinlock Visor not only prevents fogging, but is created for zero distortion, giving great peripheral vision field. The easy to use ventilation in the Pista GP R has been realigned and CAD designed exclusively for sports riding, for direct and focused airflow.
- Shell in 100% Carbon Fiber engineered in 4 sizes with 5-densities EPS structure developed in 4 sizes. The structure offers an extremely compact and light helmet with unmatched safety performance
- Shell shape is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to minimize the risk of impact energies being channeled to the collar bone. Rear shape is engineered to minimize interference with racing suit in racing position
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell which direct air to the rider’s head. The unique central upper air intake has been strategically placed in highest air pressure point to capture maximum air flow
- New Moto GP developed metal air vents, combines unique strength and protection with an innovative external fins structure engineered to capture maximum airflow in the front of the shell and increase air pressure on the rear exhaust, therefore incrementing the speed of air transition inside the helmet, leading to an higher cooling performance. New internal chin channels distribute the air flow evenly thru the entire visor surface. Vents covers are included in the box
- New wind tunnel tested Biplano spoiler features multiple wings to maximize aerodynamic performance, optimize CX, stabilizing the helmet during high speed riding in any conditions
- Biplano spoiler is engineered to detach from the helmet in case of an accident, therefore maintaining helmet’s round shape for increased safety
- Moto GP developed interiors engineered for maximum performance on the track with a patented structure that allows riders to optimize fit and select helmet height positioning over the head. Developed with top riders, the neck roll offers easy entry, maximum ventilation and adaptable fit
- Different thickness crown pad and cheek pads inserts are included in the box, allowing the rider to adapt the helmet fit.
- Removable nose guard and wind protector.
- The inner of the helmet is designed to offer the highest riding comfort without any stitches in sensitive areas. All parts are easily removable and washable
- Neck roll: 2way stretch breathable fabric to guarantee the maximum breathability in a lightweight structure, with high strenght Nabuk inserts for durable performance
- Cheek pads: soft and gentle Shalimar fabric with Sanitized® (antibacterial protection), 2Dry (moisture wicking) and Microsense (premium skin comfort and wearing fluidity) treatments
- Crown pad: Elastic Microfibre with the same treatments listed for check pads
- New Patented cheek pads safety release system engineered to remove conveniently cheek pads in case of accident.
- Moto GP developed hydration system included in the helmet with internal channels engineered for smooth tube placement and drinking valve placed inside the chin of the helmetb for a constant and smooth hydration during riding. The system is fully removable
- New Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view (190°)
- Visor is anti-scratch and ready for track use tear-off. A tear-off kit is included in the box
- Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident: visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eyes protection in the case of an accident
- Exclusive metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement achieves total sealing between visor and shell. Tools free rapid visor release system allows the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds. Mechanism is designed to minimize area, therefore supporting peripheral view and impact performance
- Double D retention system
- Homologations ECE 22.05
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi 2016 Soleluna Pista GP R helmet
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at Revzilla.com. US based and ship globally.|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at JPcycles.com. US based and ship globally.|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk. Based in UK but ship everywhere and have an incredible reputation.|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at DemonTweeks.co.uk. Based in UK but ship everywhere.|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at FC-Moto.com (based in Europe but have great stock and pricing).|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at MotoIn.com (DE based with UK and US sites, ship globally)|
|Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at Amazon, who have various stock and pricing options.|
Check out the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Soleluna 2016 helmet at |