AGV have announced that they are releasing Valentino Rossi’s 2018 Winter test helmet as a limited edition in their premium AGV Pista GP R range. This one is going to be huge as it is a beautiful and unique design.
Rossi took inspiration from a recent trip to Mexico where he encountered the traditional Mexican art style called Huichol. The style was created by the Native Americans who live in the Mexican states of Nayarit, Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Durango. Huichol art is usually created with hundreds of coloured beads, and Valentino Rossi decided to get Aldo Drudi’s studio to painstakingly paint his famous Sun and Moon design as if it had been created from individual beads. You can see more on the story behind this helmet here.
It is a very unique and stunning looking Valentino Rossi design, and it is a world away from his usual cartoony Winter Test helmet designs. We expect this to be very popular indeed.
The Pista GP R is the best helmet that AGV make and it is basically the exact same helmet that Valentino Rossi and the other AGV wearing racers hit the MotoGP track with on race weekends, so they don’t come cheap.
Official description of the Valentino Rossi Pista GP R Winter test 2018 helmet:
The AGV Pista GP-R is the latest evolution of the groundbreaking Pista GP, it is the most protective helmet ever developed – following the three key elements of the ‘AGV Extreme Standards’ development protocol. This state-of-the-art helmet offers increased field of vision through the introduction of the Race 3 Max Pinlock, a class 1 optical visor – the highest certification possible. The visor locking mechanism has been updated to deal with even the toughest of conditions thanks to a new-patented Visor Lock System, providing a more positive and stronger visor lock. Aerodynamic performance has been vastly improved thanks to the new wind-tunnel-tested Biplano rear spoiler, while comfort benefits from a new patented interiors structure and an implemented Integrated Ventilation System. The AGV Pista GP-R is also the first helmet to include a removable hydration system, featuring internal channels and a drinking valve placed inside the chin area
- Shell in 100% Carbon Fiber engineered in 4 sizes with 5-densities EPS structure developed in 4 sizes. The structure offers an extremely compact and light helmet with unmatched safety performance
- Shell shape is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to minimize the risk of impact being channeled to the collar bone. Rear shape is engineered to minimize interference with racing suit in racing positions.
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell which direct air to the rider’s head. The unique upper central air intake has been strategically placed in highest air pressure point to capture maximum air flow.
- New Moto GP developed metal air vents, combines unique strength and protection with an innovative external fins structure engineered to capture maximum airflow in the front of the shell and increase air pressure on the rear exhaust, therefor incrementing the speed of air transition inside the helmet, leading to a higher cooling performance. New internal chin channels distribute the air flow evenly through the entire visor surface. Vent covers are included in the box
- New wind tunnel tested Biplano spoiler features multiple wings to maximize aerodynamic performance, optimize CX, stabilizing the helmet during high speed riding in all conditions. Biplano spoiler is engineered to detach from the helmet in case of an accident, therefor maintaining the helmet’s round shape for increased safety.
- MotoGP developed interiors engineered for maximum performance on the track with a patented structure that allows riders to optimize fit and select helmet height positioning over the head. Developed with top riders, the neck roll offers easy entry, maximum ventilation and adaptable fit. Different thickness crown pad and cheek pad inserts are included in the box, allowing the rider to adapt the helmet fit. Removable nose guard and wind protector.
- The inner liner of the helmet is designed to offer the highest riding comfort with any stitches in sensitive areas. All parts are easily removable and washable.
- Neck roll: 2-way stretch breathable fabric to guarantee the maximum breathablility in a light weight structure, with high strength Nabuk inserts for durable performance.
- Cheek pads: soft and gentile Shalimar fabric with Sanitized® (antibacterial protection), 2Dry (moisture wicking) and Microsense (premium skin comfort and wearing fluidity) treatments.
- Crown pad: Elastic Microfiber with the same treatments listed for cheek pads.
- New patented cheek pads safety release system engineered to remove conveniently in case of an accident.
- MotoGP developed hydration system included in the helmet with internal channels engineered for smooth tube placement and drinking valve placed inside the chin of the helmet for a constant and smooth hydration during riding. The system is fully removable
- New Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view (190°). The visor is anti-scratch and ready for track-use tear-off. A tear-off kit is included in the box.
- Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident: visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eyes protection in the case of an accident.
- Exclusive metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement achieves total sealing between visor and shell. Tools free rapid visor release system aloows the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds. Mechanism is designed to minimize the area, therefor supporting peripheral view and impact performance.
- Double D retention system
- ECE22.05 certified
- The helmet comes with a clear visor in the box
- The helmet comes without the Monster / Yamaha Logo
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi AGV Pista GP R Winter Test 2018 helmet:
Where to buy it
This AGV Pista GP-R is being made in strictly limited numbers, so expect this to sell out quickly and many buyers will try and lock down stock via pre-orders. The best place to secure yours is online, we have pulled together links below from trusted shops who are carrying stock of this Valentino Rossi limited edition.
|Get the Valentino Rossi 2018 Winter Test Pista GP R helmet at Demon-Tweeks.co.uk (UK based)|
|Get the Valentino Rossi 2018 Winter Test Pista GP R helmet at eBay.com (price bargains available).|