AGV have released a replica helmet of Valentino Rossi’s ‘Chicken‘ helmet that he wore at the end of the Malaysian GP in 2009 to celebrate winning his 9th World Title. Rossi also wore the helmet throughout the winter testing session. Scroll to the bottom of the page to buy this replica helmet.
The helmet was designed by Aldo Drudi and features a golden lid, with a cartoon chicken on the top. At the rear of the helmet is a picture of an egg with the ‘number 9’ printed on it. The sun and moon motif, and the number 46 both feature on either side of the helmet’s chin.
The design was based on a famous old Italian saying that ‘old hens makes good broth’ – suggesting that Rossi was now one of the oldest riders on the grid, but was still managing to lay ‘golden eggs’ and win titles.
This replica helmet is available in strictly limited numbers in the AGV GP-Tech range, and will come in a presentation box. This one will sell out fast.
- SSL (Super-Super-Light) Carbon Kevlar construction
- 3 Shell sizes for the perfect fit Ventilation System IVS( Integrated Ventilation System) with wide channels hollowed directly in the shell for enhanced air-flow into the helmet and improved aerodynamic penetration
- 3 intake vents, 5 exhaust vents
- Liners fully removable and washable (including neckroll)
- Multi-featured fabrics with hygienic treatment for maximum comfort
- Humidity and sweat absorbing CoolMax for forehead, temples, and at the back of the neck
- Hyper-breathable material for the top and rear area for effective air-flow
- Micro-fiber material on the cheek pads to guarantee comfort and coolness Shield New flat
- Anti-scratch and anti-fog polycarbonate with a wider field-of-vision; tear-off system
- 100% UV protection Retention System Double D Ring Shield Mechanism New and Improved XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) to replace the shield without any tools in just seconds
- A new safety feature deters shield detachment in the case of an impact
- Certification DOT/ECE
Image Gallery of the AGV GP-Tech Chicken Helmet:
Where to buy the AGV GP-Tech Chicken Helmet:
Available in strictly limited numbers, so expect this to sell out.
*UPDATE* – this Valentino Rossi race replica in the GP-tech range is long sold out, but the good news is that you can still get the same design in the much more affordable AGV K3 range, check it out at Amazon