This is the updated, new and improved version of the AGV Pista Project 46 helmet.
The original Pista GP Project 46 helmet was a big seller for AGV, and they have built on the original helmet with a new Matt finish, a shell made from full carbon, and a design that was created and explicitly designed and developed for racing.
The graphics and design remain unchanged, this helmet features the blueprint style design that was first seen being worn and tested by Valentino Rossi during his first Ducati test sessions in 2012.
The design is simple, striking, and looks like it has been dragged straight off a designers blueprints – it is black, with ‘Project 46’ printed in yellow down the side. The sides and top of the helmet have various measurements and markings detailing some of the improvements in the helmet design – example: ‘air flow +193%’. The new design is said to be the most aerodynamic yet from AGV, and the helmet also has the greatest field of vision of all their helmets. The helmet was created in conjunction with feedback from Valentino Rossi, in fact, in many ways the helmet was built for Valentino Rossi in a way that no other previous helmet has – AGV took biometric scans of Rossi’s head and face, to ensure an optimal fit. All MotoGP racers who use AGV helmets now have the same biometric scanning to ensure they have custom fits that are optimized for their heads.
Remember, this is primarily designed as a race helmet and is optimized for track use, so expect to pay a premium price whereever you see this helmet. That said, it is as good as the AGV range gets, so you will be buying real quality.
”I consider the PistaGP helmet a tribute to Gino Amisano, an entrepreneur I admired for his ability to innovate, the records he achieved, and the competitive spirit with which he faced every challenge. The new helmet is part of the AGV Standards project, which, in line with the qualities established by Amisano, revolutionizes the way helmets are designed, setting new records for protection and ergonomics that are clearly evident,” said Lino Dainese.
“Great aerodynamics, it feels like I am not wearing a helmet. Excellent ventilation, it is really noticeable. Exaggerated visibility, like switching from the TV to the cinema.” said Valentino Rossi.
AGV Pista GP – Official Description:
The AGV STANDARDS project, established in 2009 with Valentino Rossi as its leading rider, is ready to get on the track with the first AGV PistaGP helmet. The Pista GP sets new performance standards with its wide field of vision, low weight and compact dimensions, extensive ventilation, exclusive ergonomic design and class-leading aerodynamics.
Development of the Pista GP began by taking measurements of riders’ heads with a digital scanner. These measurements were then used to design the helmet from the “inside out”. It is based on the “Human Engineering” concept and applies to a new design process which starts from the components that are in direct contact with the head and gradually progresses to the outer shell. As a result, the structural shapes imitate the area of contact thus providing greater safety and smaller dimensions. AGV EXTREME STANDARDS HELMETS use FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) to set new standards in safety, comfort and ergonomics. In addition to new levels of safety, the AGV Pista GP sets new standards in environmental protection with the raw materials and new technologies used in production having a focus on low environmental impact.
- The residual impact force transmitted to the head is reduced by 36% compared to the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The HIC index is 48% below the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet. This allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety.
- The visor is Class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision.
- The field of vision is 15° wider and the overall visor window area has increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection.
- The Z-Lift index has been reduced by 44% after wind tunnel tests.
- The air intakes have almost tripled in size, whereas the entire ventilation system of the PistaGP helmet removes heat and moisture very efficiently. The padding has a 3D concave structure, which is preshaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort.
- Thanks to its “from the inside out” design, the structural components of the helmet are designed to provide the required performance while minimizing size and weight.
- The frontal cross section has been reduced by 3% and the lateral cross section by 6% compared with the GP-Tech helmet.
- The fit of the PistaGP helmet, covered by three patents, provides an extraordinary high level of comfort and adaptability to different shapes, unknown up to now.
Images of the AGV Pista GP Valentino Rossi Project 46 2.0 Helmet:
Find out where to get the Valentino Rossi ‘Project 46’ Pista GP 2.0 helmet below:
|Get the AGV Pista GP at Amazon|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at FC-Moto.com|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at SportsbikeShop.co.uk|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at Revzilla|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at MotorcycleSuperstore.com|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at|