AGV have pulled a beautiful Valentino Rossi replica out of the bag with this Limited Edition release – this is Rossi’s original Soleluna (Sun and Moon) design that he started wearing in 1996. This is the helmet design that Valentino Rossi raced with when he won his first World Championship in 1997.
AGV and Valentino Rossi are releasing this iconic design once again to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Valentino Rossi’s first World Title, yes it was really that long ago!
To mark the occasion Valentino Rossi wore this helmet at the 2018 Sepang MotoGP tests
The video below taken at Sepang shows Valentino Rossi revealing the helmet:
AGV are now making this exact helmet available as a limited edition in their AGV Pista GP R range. The Pista GP R is AGV’s top of range helmet and it is basically the exact same lid that Valentino Rossi hits the track with. Like we said, numbers of this helmet are very limited so expect it to sell out quickly and become a collectors item, especially given that it is being created to celebrate the anniversay of Valentino Rossi’s first World Title, which makes it that extra bit more collectible.
Official description of the Valentino Rossi Pista GP R 20th Anniversary helmet:
The AGV Pista GP-R is the latest evolution of the groundbreaking Pista GP, it is the most protective helmet ever developed – following the three key elements of the ‘AGV Extreme Standards’ development protocol. This state-of-the-art helmet offers increased field of vision through the introduction of the Race 3 Max Pinlock, a class 1 optical visor – the highest certification possible. The visor locking mechanism has been updated to deal with even the toughest of conditions thanks to a new-patented Visor Lock System, providing a more positive and stronger visor lock. Aerodynamic performance has been vastly improved thanks to the new wind-tunnel-tested Biplano rear spoiler, while comfort benefits from a new patented interiors structure and an implemented Integrated Ventilation System. The AGV Pista GP-R is also the first helmet to include a removable hydration system, featuring internal channels and a drinking valve placed inside the chin area.
- Strong carbon fibre outer shell construction
- MotoGP developed using AGV Extreme Standards
- Complex five variable density EPS structure
- Advanced Integrated Ventilation System (IVS)
- Breathable micro-porous lining and fabric
- Removable and washable interior and cheek pads
- Emergency release cheek pads for crash situations
- Detachable hydration system and drinking valve
- Class 1 optic Race 3 Max Pinlock visor
- Max-Vision Pinlock insert is included
- Updated patented Visor Lock System (VLS)
- Visor can be removed without using tools
- Wind-tunnel tested Biplano rear spoiler
- Includes a track-ready tear-off system
- Removable breath deflector and chin curtain
- Racing tear-offs are not included
- Hard wearing Double-D retention system
- ECE 22.05, AS/NZS, JIS, ECE/DOT certified
- ACU Gold approved for use on UK tracks
- 3 years extra warranty when registering helmet with AGV within 60 days of purchase
Image gallery of the AGV Pista GP-R Rossi 20th Anniversary Limited Edition:
Check out the 360 degree and unboxing video of this stunning Valentino Rossi helmet below:
Where to buy it
This AGV Pista GP-R is being made in strictly limited numbers, so expect this to sell out quickly and many buyers will try and lock down stock via pre-orders. The best place to secure yours is online, we have pulled together links below from trusted shops who are carrying stock of this Valentino Rossi limited edition.
|Get the Valentino Rossi 20th Anniversay Pista GP R helmet at Revzilla.com (US based with worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the Valentino Rossi 20th Anniversay Pista GP R helmet at Demon-Tweeks.co.uk (UK based)|
|Get the Valentino Rossi 20th Anniversay Pista GP R helmet at MotoIn.de (German based, ship all over Europe)|
|Get the Valentino Rossi 20th Anniversay Pista GP R helmet eBay.com|