This is another great decision by AGV – releasing the Valentino Rossi 2012 Winter test helmet into the affordable K3 SV range. Previously this design had only been made available as a limited edition in the Corsa range, but now it is available in both the colours that Rossi used (blue and black) in the bestselling AGV K3 SV helmet range.
Got to say, the black one is nice, but it is the blue one that we fell in love with here – its a very simple design with lots of meaning. The helmet features a large 46 above the visor on the front of the helmet, and the rear features the Japanese symbol for ‘Kendo’. This helmet was used when Rossi returned to Yamaha, and in Japan the word Kendo is associated with a deep and powerful emotional feeling. It was an effective way to sum up how Valentino felt returning to Yamaha after a poor couple of season with Ducati.
This design also gives more choice to Rossi fans who may not want one of the colourful and cartoonish helmet designs that are used as common choices for replicas – this is a mature but striking design.
Official description of the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test helmet 2012:
The K-3 SV was developed with the experience gained during the design process of the Pista GP, Corsa and GT Veloce. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. The K3SV has a wide appeal and is suitable for all riders looking for comfort and high performance characteristics.
Thanks to Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis and wind tunnel testing, the integrated ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head (through three front vents, chin vent, side vents, and two extractors at the back of the helmet), and the aerodynamics minimize drag, lift and noise, and ensure stability even at racetrack speeds. Two shell sizes and four EPS sizes give the K3SV a generic fit that is both plush and incredibly comfortable (plus AGV’s unique solution of offering both specific MS and ML sizes).
– HIR-TH (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin) shell
– 2 shell sizes / 4 EPS sizes
– ECE 2205 ACU GOLD
– Dry-Comfort sanitized 3D linings and cheekpads
– Fully removable and washable inner liners
– IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
– 4 front air intakes, 2 rear extractors
– XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) for tool-free removal and replacement of visor in seconds.
-Visor ratchet system can be customised by changing the toothed mechanism: Touring, Race and City (included)
– GT 2 anti-scratch, pinlock ready polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays (pinlock included)
– Micro opening de-mist visor mechanism
– Integrated Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant, anti-fog visor with tool-free replacement system
– Removable breath deflector
– Removable windproof chin protection
– Micrometric retention system
– Anti-theft ring on strap
– Ready for AGV SHARE communication system
– Weight 1430g (size MS)
– Sizes XS – S – M – L – XL – XXL
Image gallery of the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2012 Helmet (‘Kendo’):
Video of the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2012 Helmet:
|Get the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2012 helmet at FC-Moto.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2012 helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2012 helmet at Amazon|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2012 helmet at|