AGV have dug back into their longstanding relationship with Valentino Rossi and have pulled out another classic helmet design and made it available as a race replica in their bestselling and affordable AGV K3 SV range – this time the design is from 1998 and Rossi’s 250cc days.
This helmet design was worn by Rossi as part of a full bike livery which saw his Aprilia RSV250 decked out in a red, white, and green Italian Tricolore colour scheme for the 250cc Imola race.
The design was an adaptation of his primary racing helmet from that year, with the famous Sun and Moon motif placed on either side of the helmet. The helmet was split into 3 colours (red, white, and green) and the back of the helmet featured a pile of coloured flowers. A red number 46 sits at the top of the helmet.
This is a very striking helmet in colours that you don’t often see on Valentino Rossi race replicas – there is a distinct lack of yellow for starters!
Official Description of the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi Imola helmet:
The AGV K3 SV is an exciting addition to the street/road collection of AGV helmets. This is a helmet to suit many riders: from the first time biker who wants a quality lid from day one, through to the more mature biker who is interested in balancing safety and performance on a budget. At such a sensible price, the AGV K3 SV really is an impressive lid.
The K-3 SV was developed from the experience AGV gained during the design process of the Pista GP and Corsa helmets. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. This helmet has a wide appeal and is suitable for young riders with a passion for racing as well as for more mature riders looking for comfort and high performance characteristics.
Thanks to CFD Analysis (Computational fluid dynamics), the special ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head through two front and side vents, one central vent and two extractors at the back of the helmet.
The sanitized Dry-Comfort internal components can be removed for washing. The mechanism for opening and closing the visor has three customisable settings according to helmet use (Touring, Race and City) and features the XQRS system for quick removal.
The K-3 SV has been designed to accept the new integrated communication platform.
- 2 sizes of HIR-TH shell (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin)
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes; shell and EPS dimensions optimised using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system
- Homologation: ECE 2205, DOT, JIS, NBR, AS/NZS
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) visor mechanism for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Visor mechanism with PVS system (Perimetrical Visor Seal) for improved seal and protection against draughts and noise thanks to the seat for the visor edge
- GT 2 scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays
- Integrated removable Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant visor with tool-free replacement system
- Removable breath deflector
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Fully removable and washable 3D inner liners
- Sanitised Dry-Comfort fabrics
- Micrometrically adjustable strap retention system
- Anti-theft ring on strap
- Sizes XS- S- MS- ML – L- XL – XXL
Image gallery of the AGV K3 SV Valentino Rossi Imola helmet (1998):
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk (UK based with worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at FC-Moto.com (Europe based with worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at Motoin.de (German based with worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at Revzilla.com (US based with worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at JPcycles.com (US based with worldwide shipping).|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at MotorcycleHouse.com (US based with worldwide shipping).|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at Amazon|
|Get the AGV K3 SV Imola helmet at|