AGV have made the boxer helmet design that Valentino Rossi wore for the 2012 Misano MotoGP race available as a limited edition in their GP-Tech range.
This was a classic Valentino Rossi helmet design used to poke fun at himself when things were not going well.
In 2012 things were not going to plan for Valentino Rossi – his much celebrated move to Ducati was not working out, and The Doctor was struggling to tame the Ducati and get the results that he and the factory expected. To make light of the situation and to address his struggles Rossi had Aldo Drudi create a custom helmet design that showed a cartoon Valentino as a boxer, beaten up and slumped on the ropes with bruises and a black eye. The cartoon boxer is saying “Come Vado?”, which translates from the Italian as “How Am I Doing?”.
Rossi’s bulldogs can be seen on the rear of the helmet gloved up and ready to fight.
This is a fun Valentino Rossi race replica helmet that will definitely turn heads on the street.
Official Description of the AGV Valentino Rossi ‘Boxer’ helmet:
The limited edition replica is an AGV model that Rossi wears on a regular basis, the GP Tech. A top-of-the-range helmet, the GP Tech was designed and developed with the help of the nine-time World Champion, as well as vital knowledge and racing experience gained by technicians at AGV.
The GP Tech has taken the best features from AGV’s other race helmets, GP Pro and Ti-Tech, which results in the GP Tech being a lightweight, comfortable and extremely aerodynamic designed helmet.
- Outer shell available in three sizes with SSL layering (Fibreglass, Kevlar, Carbon)IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with extensive ducting directly in the shell for more efficient air flow inside the helmet and improved aerodynamic performance
- Three front air inlets and five rear extractors
- Micro aperture visor system for efficient anti-misting even in the most extreme conditions
- New visor mechanism using the XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) for fast, tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds. Safety system prevents detachment of the visor in the event of a fall
- Removable nose guard
- Removable wind-proof, throat protection
- Fully removable and washable inner liner (including neck roll)
- Hygienically treated fabrics with differentiated zones for maximum comfort: high humidity absorption Cool Max on forehead, temples and nape of neck; super breathable fabric for effective air circulation at the top of the head; soft microfibre for a cool, comfortable fit on cheeks
- Double D retention system
- Sizes: XXS-XXXL
Image gallery of the AGV GP-Tech Valentino Rossi Boxer helmet (Misano 2012):
This limited edition Valentino Rossi helmet is almost sold out, and the GP-Tech range has been replaced by the Pista GP model, but you can still find the odd one available if you check the links below:
|Get it at Amazon|
|Get it at FC-Moto|
|Get it at|