This is the new AGV Corsa VR46 helmet. It’s not really a race replica as Valentino Rossi has never ridden in this specific design, so view it as more of a tribute to ‘The Doctor’ – it’s a simple looking lid with aggressive lines, and it’s a bit different than most of the other Valentino Rossi helmets on the market.
The helmet comes in two colours, blue and black, and features the number ’46’ in yellow on either cheek of the lid. There is a white stripe on the blue model and a yellow stripe on the black model that runs from the chin to the rear of the helmet, and a smaller ’46’ is stamped on the top above the visor.
The Corsa is AGV’s mid-range helmet, whilst not as expensive as the Pista GP helmet, the Corsa takes many of the premium features that you find on the Pista but makes them more flexible for road use.
AGV’s introduction to the Corsa helmet model:
The carbon-fibre/glass-fibre/aramid SSL (Super Super Light) shell was designed using FEM techniques and features EPS internal ducts in the shell to provide a small, light helmet which is both comfortable and extremely safe.
The result is a helmet that is significantly superior than the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1350 g* in MS size. Unlike the Pista GP, the Corsa comes with a system for opening and closing the air vents which makes it a less extreme, more versatile helmet. The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests. This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider’s head.
Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Corsa boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor. The fit of the Corsa was developed using “Human Engineering” whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer’s head.
The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider’s head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitised internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads. The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Corsa fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
Key improvements of the Corsa compared to the GP Tech:
- Weight savings over the GP-Tech
- 193% more ventilation surface area
- 71% smaller visor movement area
- 48% less HIC index standard (Head Injury Criterion)
- 44% less lift 36% less g-force transmitted to the head (compared to the ECE regulation)
- Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in composite fiber, aramid & Carbon Fiber
- Number of Shells: 4 shell sizes
- Ventilation System: IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into the shell
- Interior: Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-comfort fabric with sanitizing treatment
- Interior: Fully removable and washable inner liners of CoolMax fabric
- Face shield: RACE 2 flat, non-scratch shield with wide field of vision and suitable for tear-offs
- Shield Mechanism: XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening
- Quick Release Shield: For tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Retention System: Double D
- Safety Certification: DOT and SHARP 5 Star
Here is an in-depth review of the AGV Corsa by those fine folks at Revzilla.com:
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa VR46 helmet:
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi VR46 helmet at FC-Moto.com|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi VR46 helmet at Sportsbikeshop.co.uk|
|See all AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi helmets at Amazon|
|See all AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi helmets at|