This is the Valentino Rossi winter test helmet from 2015, now available as a Limited Edition race replica helmet from AGV in their excellent Corsa range. This helmet design is sometimes called the Valentino Rossi ‘woolly hat’ or ‘ugly jumper’ design….for obvious reasons.
Valentino unveiled this design at Sepang in Malaysia, in the thick and humid heat for the winter testing sessions before the 2015 MotoGP season kicked off – basically a ‘winter test’ in name only. As a joke Rossi had a helmet design created to make it look like a chunky knitted woolly hat, complete with winter symbols like snowflakes and reindeer. To complete the image, Rossi’s factory Yamaha team all had actual woolly hats made in the same design.
The design was created by Aldo Drudi, and also features a giant snowflake on the top of the helmet. The helmet is created in Valentino’s favored yellow colour, with a blue background.
This is a brilliant Valentino Rossi replica helmet, and the Limited Edition will be highly collectible. As a nice touch, AGV are also including a woolly hat, the same type that Rossi and crew had for the testing sessions, in the presentation box for this helmet.
Official description of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2015 Helmet:
The all new AGV Corsa Helmet is constructed from SSL (Super-Super-Light) Carbon-Kevlar and is based on same helmet worn by the top class Moto GP rider Valentino Rossi (Pista GP). The carbon-fibre/glass-fibre/aramid SSL (Super Super Light) shell was designed using FEM techniques (Finite Elements Analysis) and features EPS internal ducts in the shell to provide a small, light helmet which is both comfortable and extremely safe.
With an all new shell shape and aerodynamically tested venting system hollowed directly in the shell, the AGV Corsa helmet longs to be at the track. The AGV Corsa has a Cool Max removable and washable interior with hygienic treatment.
It has a Double D retention system and a clear, flat, anti-scratch, Pinlock ready polycarbonate race 2 visor with XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) and tear-off system.
- SSL (Super Super Light) composite fiber, Kevlar® and carbon fiber shell
- Four shell sizes
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into shell
- Scratch-resistant visor with wide field of vision with tear-off pins, ready and suitable for tear-off shields
- Visor is class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision
- XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) so you can replace the shield in seconds without the use of tools
- The field of vision is 15 degrees wider and the overall visor window area has been increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet, this allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety
- Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-Comfort® fabric with sanitizing treatment, fully removable and washable
- Padding has a 3-D concave structure which is pre-shaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2015 Helmet:
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi winter test 2015 helmet at FC-Moto.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi winter test 2015 helmet at Revzilla.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi winter test 2015 helmet at MotorcycleSuperstore.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi winter test 2015 helmet at Amazon|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi winter test 2015 helmet at|