This is the Valentio Rossi winter test helmet from 2013, which AGV have now made available as a limited edition replica in the AGV Corsa range.
This helmet has a clean and understated design, especially when compared with other winter test helmets that Rossi has worn in the past that have been bright and laced with humour. The serious look of the helmet design is in line with the circumstances it was worn in – Rossi had just returned to Yamaha after a couple of poor years at Ducati and the rear of the helmet features a single Japanese character to represent the word ‘Kendo’ which is used in Japan to express intense emotion. The helmet also featured a yellow 46 at the front of the helmet, above the visor and a metallic grey Sun and Moon are positioned on either side of the black helmet.
Simple, bold, and effective.
Official description of the AGV Valentino Rossi Corsa helmet:
The Corsa has the performance of the Pista GP and the characteristics of a helmet for road use.
The carbon-fibre/glass-fibre/aramid SSL (Super Super Light) shell was designed using FEM techniques (Finite Elements Analysis) and features EPS internal ducts in the shell to provide a small, light helmet which is both comfortable and extremely safe. The result is a helmet that is significantly superior than the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1350 g (refers to MS size ECE 2205 version).
Unlike the Pista GP, the Corsa comes with a system for opening and closing the air vents which makes it a less extreme, more versatile helmet. The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests. This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider’s head. Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Corsa boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor.
The fit of the Corsa was developed using “Human Engineering” whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer’s head. The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider’s head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitized internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads.
The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Corsa fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
Built in conjunction with Valentino Rossi and tested at the highest levels. The Corsa is not a full carbon fiber shell but the shell shape, aerodynamics, ventilation and eye-port improvements will be shared cross platform with the Pista GP Helmet.
Key improvements of the Corsa compared to the GP Tech:
- Weight savings over the GP-Tech to be announced
- 193% more ventilation surface area
- 71% smaller visor movement area
- 48% less HIC index standard (Head Injury Criterion)
- 44% less lift 36% less g-force transmitted to the head (compared to the ECE regulation)
- Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in composite fiber, aramid & Carbon Fiber
- Number of Shells: 4 shell sizes
- Ventilation System: IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into the shell
- Interior: Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-comfort fabric with sanitizing treatment
- Interior: Fully removable and washable inner liners of CoolMax fabric
- Face shield: RACE 2 flat, non-scratch shield with wide field of vision and suitable for tear-offs
- Shield Mechanism: XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening
- Quick Release Shield: For tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Retention System: Double D
- Safety Certification: DOT and SHARP 5 Star
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2013 (Limited Edition):
Video review by Revzilla.com of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2013:
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2013 helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2013 helmet at Amazon|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2013 helmet at FC-Moto.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2013 helmet at|