This is the latest Valentino Rossi replica helmet from AGV – it is Rossi’s primary helmet design that he has been using from around 2013 onwards, basically since his return to Yamaha. It is known as the Soleluna, and it is a variant on his long running ‘Sun’ and ‘Moon’ design.
Designed by Aldo Drudi, the helmet features a striking and colourful Sun at the front of the helmet, with the sun rays arcing back towards the rear of the helmet where they overlap with a dark moon.
This is a beautiful helmet full of movement and colour.
The sides of the helmet feature Valentino’s race number ’46’, and there are two empty markings where the Monster Energy logos go (and you can buy those and fix them on yourself if you want it to look even more authentic – get them from Amazon).
Official description of the Valentino Rossi Soleluna Corsa helmet:T
Featuring a modern take on the classic Sun / Moon Valentino Rossi VR46 graphics, the AGV Corsa Sole Luna Helmet combines the performance of the Pista GP with road-riding features such as adjustable ventilation and improved comfort, without sacrificing the performance standards of the GP model.
The AGV Corsa Helmet has been awarded a Five Star SHARP certification. SHARP (Safety Helmet and Assessment Rating Programme) is the UK Department of Transportation’s independent helmet evaluation system and a 5 Star Rating represents the highest echelon of protection, the Corsa is now listed among the safest helmets in the world.
Built in conjunction with Valentino Rossi and tested at the highest levels. The Corsa is not a full carbon fiber shell but the shell shape, aerodynamics, ventilation and eye-port improvements will be shared cross platform with the Pista GP Helmet.
Key improvements of the Corsa compared to the GP Tech:
- Weight savings over the GP-Tech to be announced
- 193% more ventilation surface area
- 71% smaller visor movement area
- 48% less HIC index standard (Head Injury Criterion)
- 44% less lift 36% less g-force transmitted to the head (compared to the ECE regulation)
Features on the AGV Corsa Soleluna helmet:
- SSL Carbon-kevlar construction
- 4 shell sizes
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System)
- Breathable Lycra micro-porous lining and Dry-comfort fabric
- Fully removable and washable inner liners
- Pinlock ready Race 2 flat, non-scratch visor
- Pinlock visor insert comes as standard
- Unique rear diffuser
- XQRS (in metal) shield replacement without tools
- Visor tear-off system
- Double D retention system
- Weighs 1350g (+/- 50g)
Image gallery for the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi SoleLuna Helmet:
Watch the Revzilla.com overview of the AGV Sole Luna helmet:
|Get the AGV Corsa Soleluna helmet at Revzilla.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Soleluna helmet at MotorcycleSuperstore.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Soleluna helmet at MotoSport.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Soleluna helmet at Amazon (Various prices)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Soleluna helmet at|