Ahh, finally….AGV have announced the release of the Shark helmet design that Valentino Rossi wore for the Misano MotoGP in 2015.
This helmet design was created to show the pressure that Valentino Rossi was under when he got to Misano – Rossi had been leading all through the season and was top of the MotoGP standings, but his points lead was being eroded rapidly by Jorge Lorenzo and a resurgent Marc Marquez.
The design depicted Rossi as a plucky fish trying to outswim a big shark who has its eyes firmly fixed on the fish. Rossi said the shark signified the other racers who would be looking to beat him as Misano is his home race, but in reality, most people thought the shark represented Jorge Lorenzo.
Valentino Rossi said:
“Because this is my home race, everybody wants to beat me, so the big shark on my helmet represents Jorge, Marc, the Ducatis. All these guys want to eat me because I’m the small fish, but I will try to escape, that’s the target!”
AGV are making this helmet available as a limited edition in their premium Corsa range. The Corsa is basically one level down from AGV’s race helmet (The Pista GP) and it takes many of the features that you get in the Pista, but adds more flexibility making it better suited to street use. Make no mistake, this is a helmet equally at home on the track as well as the road.
This is going to be a hugely popular Valentino Rossi replica and we’d expect it to sell out quite quickly. We have put links at the bottom of the page showing you where you can order it.
The ‘Corsa’ is an all new race helmet from AGV. Its features a SSL (Super Super Light) composite fibre, Kevlar & Carbon Fibre shell construction; with no less than four shell sizes used during construction to ensure the helmet is as compact, light and accurate a fit as possible when worn, this technique also helps in reducing neck/muscle fatigue and helps to keep the helmet more stable at high speeds.
On the onside the helmets integrated ventilation system (IVS) features wide channels that have been hollowed directly into the shell to help keep you cool. Helping to keep it fresh on the inside, the fully removable/washable lining is constructed from a breathable Lycra micro porous material with sanitizing treatment. The helmet also features AGV’s Extra quick release visor system (EQRS) in metal with roto-translation opening. This system allows the changing of the visor to be undertaken in a matter of seconds without the use of tools. The ‘Corsa’ is supplied with a flat, non-scratch, race visor with wide field of vision. It’s design is Pinlock ready and suitable for use with tear-off strips (PINLOCK comes as standard).
- Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in fibreglass, aramid and Carbon fibre
- N° of shells: 4 shell sizes
- Fabric: Breathable Lycra® and Shalimar with sanitising treatment
- Liners: fully removable and washable
- Ventilation system IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts on the shell
- Air vents with open / close mechanism.
- Visor mechanism XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with swivel opening.
- Microlock front locking and visor microopening system. Quick release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds.
- Visor: Flat RACE, Class 1 optical standard, non-scratch, antifog visor (4 layers) with wide field of vision and tear-off strips
- Double D retention system
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Sizes: XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
- EC22.05 Certified
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Shark helmet:
Find out where you can buy this Valentino Rossi helmet below:
|Check out the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Shark helmet at Revzilla.com|
|Check out the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Shark helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk|
|Check out the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Shark helmet at FC-Moto.com|
|Check out the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Shark helmet at Demon Tweeks|
Check out the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Shark helmet at |