As is customary, Valentino Rossi had a new helmet design for the 2014 MotoGP at Misano, and now AGV have released a race replica of it in the Corsa range as a Limited Edition.
This helmet design is called ‘Give Us A Hand’, but it is also known as the ‘hand-print’ design, and ‘Misano ci dà una mano’.
The helmet was designed by Aldo Drudi and featured a light blue base that was covered with hand-prints in various colours. The hand-prints were made by various people that play a key role in Valentino’s life and includes hand-prints from his friends, family, mechanics, and it even features a single finger-print from the designer Aldo Drudi himself. The helmet even features oaw prints from Rossi’s bulldogs and cat. On either side of the chin are kisses that were made by Valentino’s girlfriend and his mother.
Around the chin of the helmet is printed the phrase “Misano ci dà una mano”, and roughly translated it means ‘Misano give us a hand’ or more simply ‘Misano helps you’. It is a phrase from a well-known Italian advert.
This is a really bright and eye-catching helmet in colours that you don’t usually see on Valentino Rossi helmets making it somewhat unique.
The AGV Corsa is a fantastic helmet that takes many of the features from AGVs premium race engineered helmets like the Pista GP, but makes everything more forgiving and flexible so they can be more easily customised for everyday road use. This is a helmet that is equally at home on the racetrack as the streets.
Official description of the AGV Corsa ‘Give Us A Hand’ helmet:
The Corsa has the performance of the Pista GP and the characteristics of a helmet for road use.
The carbon-fibre/glass-fibre/aramid SSL (Super Super Light) shell was designed using FEM techniques (Finite Elements Analysis) and features EPS internal ducts in the shell to provide a small, light helmet which is both comfortable and extremely safe. The result is a helmet that is significantly superior than the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1350 g (refers to MS size ECE 2205 version).
Unlike the Pista GP, the Corsa comes with a system for opening and closing the air vents which makes it a less extreme, more versatile helmet. The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests. This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider’s head. Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Corsa boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor.
The fit of the Corsa was developed using “Human Engineering” whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer’s head. The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider’s head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitized internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads.
The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Corsa fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
- Carbon/Aramid/Fiberglass SSL (Super Super Light) Shell
- 4 shell sizes
- Clear rear aerodynamic spoiler
- ECE 2205, ACU GOLD
- Breathable Lycra® lining and Shalimar® fabric with sanitized treatment
- Fully removable and washable inner liners and cheekpads
- Custom fit adjustable liners and cheekpads (adjustment kit included)
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
- Switchable air intakes
- XQRS Visor mechanism (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening. Visor front micro-lock system that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. Quick release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Race flat, Class 1 optical standards, anti-scratch and pinlock ready visor (pinlock included) with wide field of vision. Suitable for tear off strips (included)
- Double D Retention system
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof chin protection
- Weight 1350g (size MS)
- Sizes XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi ‘Give us a hand’ helmet (Misano 2014):
Want more detail? Then check out the full in-depth review of this AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi race replica helmet by Revzilla.com:
|Get the AGV Corsa limited edition ‘Give Us A Hand’ helmet at Revzilla.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa limited edition ‘Give Us A Hand’ helmet at Amazon|
|Get the AGV Corsa limited edition ‘Give Us A Hand’ helmet at|