It’s not just the Italian MotoGP rounds where Valentino Rossi brings a new custom helmet design, very often Rossi will create new helmet graphics for the MotoGP winter test sessions. This is the ‘Double face’ design that Rossi wore for the 2013 winter tests which is now available as a limited edition in the AGV Corsa range.
The design was created as an optical illusion, and took his primary SoleLuna helmet design and flipped it round by 180 degrees – thus placing the Sun at the rear and the Moon at the front, however, Rossi went one step further and added a scan of his face looking through the visor at the rear of the helmet creating the illusion that Rossi’s was looking behind him.
The design was created by Aldo Drudi and this fun helmet also had a message that Rossi would be watching all the other riders closely as he tried to improve his pace and performance on the Yamaha after his return to the factory team.
This one will be a real collectors item and is probably very unlikely to appear in one of AGV’s cheaper and open edition helmet ranges.This design is definitely one of the strangest Valentino Rossi helmet designs ever!
The Corsa is a great helmet, it is basically very close to AGV’s premium race spec helmet the Pista GP, but it dials down a few of the features to make them more usable for everyday road use. This is a race helmet at heart though and it has an impressive pedigree featuring many premium features.
Official description of the AGV Corsa Rossi Double Face helmet:
The all new AGV Corsa Helmet is constructed from SSL (Super-Super-Light) Carbon-Kevlar and is based on same helmet worn by the top class MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi (Pista GP).
With an all new shell shape and aerodynamically tested venting system hollowed directly in the shell, the AGV Corsa helmet longs to be at the track. The AGV Corsa has a Cool Max removable and washable interior with hygienic treatment.
It has a Double D retention system and a clear, flat, anti-scratch, Pinlock ready polycarbonate race 2 visor with XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) and tear-off system.
- SSL (Super Super Light) composite fiber, Kevlar® and carbon fiber shell
- Four shell sizes
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into shell
- Scratch-resistant visor with wide field of vision with tear-off pins, ready and suitable for tear-off shields
- Visor is class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision
- XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) so you can replace the shield in seconds without the use of tools
- The field of vision is 15 degrees wider and the overall visor window area has been increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet, this allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety
- Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-Comfort® fabric with sanitizing treatment, fully removable and washable
- Padding has a 3-D concave structure which is pre-shaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Double Face Helmet:
Check out the video review by Revzilla.com for the AGV Corsa Rossi Winter Test helmet:
You can still get this collectors Valentino Rossi helmet from approved online vendors, check below on where it is being sold and you can buy it. Remember this is a Limited Edition so when stock is gone, it really is gone – eBay might be your best bet for picking up one of these modesl.
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Double Face Helmet at FC-Moto.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Double Face Helmet at Revzilla.com (Worldwide Shipping)|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Double Face Helmet at Amazon|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Double Face Helmet at|